Did you have a PS5 console? If so, you’re probably eager to unlock its full potential and experience the ultimate gaming performance. One of the key features that enthusiasts like you are interested in is achieving 120 frames per second (FPS) on your PS5.
Below, this guide will delve into how to get 120FPS on your PS5 in 2023, covering various settings and requirements to optimize your gaming experience.
Why Run 120FPS On PS5:
Imagine immersing yourself in the virtual worlds of popular games such as Black Ops Cold War, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Warzone, Vanguard Call of Duty, Nioh Collection, and many more, all with stunning visuals and smooth gameplay.
By running games in 120FPS mode on your PS5, you can enjoy the benefits of higher frame rates, providing you with a more immersive and responsive gaming experience.
PS5 Available Modes
Before diving into the settings, let’s explore the modes available for PS5 games. Depending on your preferences and the capabilities of your TV or monitor, you can choose from the following modes:
- Full HD resolution at 60Hz (60 FPS)
- Full HD resolution at 120Hz (120FPS)
- 4K resolution at 60Hz
- 4K resolution at 120Hz
While games on the PS5 can also be played in 720p resolution, most gamers prefer the higher resolutions of 1080p and 4K for a more visually captivating experience.
Things Required before 120FPS On PS5
There are a few essential things you’ll need to have:
- Monitor with 120Hz Refresh Rate: A monitor capable of supporting a 120Hz refresh rate is crucial. This ensures that your screen can display the higher frame rates seamlessly.
- HDMI Cable: Make sure you have an HDMI cable that meets the specifications of HDMI 2.1. This cable type is essential for transmitting the high-quality signals required for achieving 120FPS on your PS5.
- Games that Support 120FPS: Not all games are optimized for 120FPS on the PS5. To take advantage of higher frame rates, ensure that your games are compatible with 120FPS mode.
- Adjusting PS5 Settings: Configuring the proper settings on your PS5 is vital. This allows you to unlock the potential of your console and enable the desired frame rate.
PS5 Settings for 120FPS
Setting up your PS5 for 120FPS is a straightforward process. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the PS5’s home screen and locate the Settings menu. You can find it in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the ‘Screen and Video’ option and proceed to the Video Output settings.
- Look for the option to enable 120Hz Output. By checking this box, you activate the 120FPS setting.
- Save your settings and exit the menu.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your PS5 to run games at 120FP
120FPS Games Performance on PS5
Playing games at 120FPS on your PS5 offers significant advantages. With a higher refresh rate, your screen reloads content more quickly, reducing input lag and smoother gameplay. When coupled with a high-speed internet connection and an HDMI 2.1 cable, your gaming performance on your TV or monitor will reach new heights.
Here is a list of games currently available that support 120FPS on PS5:
- Apex Legends
- Borderlands 3
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Cyber Shadow
- Destiny 2
- Dirt 5
- F1 2021
- Ghost runner
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
Frequently Asked Questions
What HDMI do I need to run 120fps on PS5
To run games at 120fps on your PS5, you need an HDMI 2.1 cable.
Can you get 120fps on PS5 with a TV?
If your TV supports 120fps, you can easily enjoy 120fps gameplay on your PS5 by connecting it to your television.